Thursday, July 31, 2008

Embarassing Song Tag...

I was tagged by From Tiaras To Timeouts to list 5 songs I'm embarassed to say I like. So, here goes...

1. What Time Is It? from High School Musical 2 -- Yes, I ripped this one directly off her blog, but it's totally true. I can not count the number of times my daughter has watch this movie and the first one as well. After so many repeats, one can only memorize all the words. Seriously, I just read the song title and started singing it in my head. Crazy. Lately, my daughter has been watching Lady and the Tramp 2... and ALL those songs are stuck in my head now!!

2. I Love a Rainy Night by Eddie Rabbit -- I can't say that I truly love love this song. It's a cool song and I can still remember it like yesterday. But what I love most about this song is who it is sung by. When I was little, my dad gave me a nickname that sticks to this day based on Eddie Rabbit. He calls me "[my name] Rabbit"!! :) (It took me until I was in high school to actually figure out where this came from!) I started calling him "Daddy Rabbit" and now he's "Papa Rabbit" and my husband is "Daddy Rabbit" to my daughter. It's really cycled out of control. :)

3. Footloose - Who doesn't love this song? I know, most won't admit it. But, I fell in love with this song when I was young. I thought I was in heaven when I watched that movie for the first time. I loved to dance when I was little, so this was right up my alley. Not to mention, I think we had a dance recital one time that had a theme of Footloose. Dont ask, I can't remember much...

4. Songs by John Tesh -- Yes, I know, lame. But, it's true. I've always really liked his music since right after he left Entertainment Tonight. Apparently, my parents like it too. They just gave my daughter a DVD of his latest concert and show and she is infatuated with it.

5. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith -- Ah, I just LOVE this song. I must be a rocker deep down inside somewhere. :)

Now, I tag A Family Story, Will Blog For Pixie Dust, and anyone else who is interested!! Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Amy W said...

Great, gives me something to post!

Julie said...

You know what song I love now on the radio - the new New Kids on the Block song! Something like "SUmmertime". LOVE IT!