Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Should I be worried??

We keep our house very clean and organized, but when it comes right down to it, I don't have time to do the deep cleaning like I'd like to do. I'd rather be spending time playing with my daughter or other fun stuff. So, we have a cleaning service that comes by every other Monday to do all the hard cleaning.

Yesterday was our cleaning day. The cleaners usually come while we are at work to do their thing and when we come home, we're welcomed to a nice clean smelling house.

Yesterday was no different. The house was clean from top to bottom. The hardwood floors had been mopped, the kitchen countertops were shining and the toilets were sparkling.

But, as I walked up the stairs, I noticed a pair of black shorts lying on the banister. The same black shorts I had thrown in my bathroom trash can over the weekend. The shorts were in perfect condition. They just shrunk (hehe, yeah right) and I can't wear them comfortably any more. So, I tossed them. But, they were in the *bottom* of that trash can... underneath used cotton balls, toilet paper rolls, q-tips, an old razor and empty bottles of shampoo.

I assume one of the cleaning crew was going to keep them for herself or a family member... but, if they got those out of the bottom of my trash can, what else are they taking from my trash?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I'm thinking when the can was dumped, the shorts were seen and the cleaner was all "Score!! New shorts!!" I don't think this person will be as giddy over a razor or cotton balls with nail polish on them :)

But, what do I know :)

Amy said...

me, being the eternal optimist must say... "Well perhaps the cleaning lady saw the shorts at the bottom of the pail and figured that you must have ACCIDENTALLY thrown them away" ....so, she left them out where you would see them!!

:)