When we got home from work this evening, I started fixing dinner as I always do. For a little surprise, I decided to fix a box cake that I had in the closet. It was nothing fancy, but a fun treat for my daughter. I asked her to help me fix the cake, which she LOVES to do. As I was cracking the eggs to go in the bowl, she asks:
"Mommy, how do you make an egg?"
"We get eggs come from chickens."
"I know. But how do we know when we get the eggs from the chickens that they don't have baby chicks in them?"
"Ummm.... "
2 comments:
Just tell her that the hens poop out eggs! Yeah, that will work!!! :P
Oh, and the answer is, they xray the eggs before it gets sent to the store, to see if it has been fertilized and is carrying an embryo. Well, at least this is what they did 20 years ago when I asked the same question...
Post a Comment