I was complaining to a dear friend of mine the other day that I've been such a bad mom this year because I haven't taken my daughter swimming all summer. :( It's not that she hasn't wanted to go, she's asked me a gazillion times. We've just had a very busy summer and quite honestly, we just haven't had the chance to go. So, my dear friend invited us to go with her family swimming on Saturday and we jumped at the chance.
I was a little leery about how my daughter would do in the water. Heck, it had almost been an entire year since she stepped foot in a pool. But, she jumped in like it was just yesterday and picked up right where she left off.
She was blowing bubbles, putting her face in the water, swimming with her noodle and everything. She was so confident on her noodle that she didn't even want me close to her. She kept saying, "Don't touch my noodle!"
Well, "Yes Ma'am!!"
She'll really enjoy her Aquakidz class the next two weeks!! :)
2 comments:
Bring on the swim lessons, she will be ready for the water park...
That's great that she is so confident in the water! We live at the good old Forest Grove in the summer. Isn't it crazy what they can do when we don't even realize it? Sydney decided to learn to dive today, and was turning flips at the same time... Crazy!
Post a Comment