Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wardrobe Struggles...

Just recently, our daughter has been fighting us over what she wears every day. I usually pick out her clothes each morning as she is waking up and then she puts them on after she eats breakfast. On and off over the past few weeks, she has decided that she doesn't like what I pick out. Keep in mind, I pick out the same outfits she's been wearing ALL summer!!

Anywho... yesterday morning? A nightmare!! Of course, what I picked out wasn't acceptable. So, I picked out another outfit. That one wasn't acceptable either. Being the bad mom I am, I told her she had to wear one of those two outfits. She eventually chose one, but only after a nice, dramatic tantrum. During this tantrum, I told her that if she wanted to pick out her clothes for the next day before she goes to bed that night, she could.

At approximately 7:59 last night, she remembered this arrangement... and laid out her clothes.

Today, she is wearing plaid shorts with pink, teal, blue in them... a blue (a different color blue, of course) High School Musical shirt with red accents... her hair in a ponytail with a hot pink scrunchy... and a light pink polka dot headband with the scarf thingy hanging off the back...

It looks rough, to say the least. But, she's happy. (I wish I would have taken a picture.)

I hope she gets past this before kindergarten starts...

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

I'd turn it around. Our girls have been picking out their clothes for a while, but in order to avoid the pink socks with blue shorts and red top, when they pick it out, we'll ask them "does blue goes with red?" or something like that. It's kinda worked out for Alyssa because she's getting really good at coordinating colors and we don't have to worry about her anymore. Emily, we're still working on :)

Julie said...

Never fear, she won't be the only mismatched kid in kindergarten! She's just expressing herself. Abby now picks out her clothes everyday and I would say 1 out of ever 10 days she picks something that doesn't really match.

Amy said...

Don't tell matt, I still have these tantrums myself ;-)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!!! That's great!! As much as I know I'll cringe when it happens, I'm excited for Morgan to pick out her own clothes :)