My company devotes a lot of time to Work/Life Balance. Each month they offer a variety of activities to help us balance between working full time and having a life outside of work. These activities include anything from financial management seminars, eldercare workshops, family strawberry picking outtings, to family movie nights!!
The most recent activity that has caught our eye is AquaKidz. (Our onsite gym has an indoor pool.) AquaKids is for children ages 5-6 only with little to no water experience. [This sums up my daughter's experience in the water!] It is a water exploration program. The kids go for 30 minutes every day for two weeks. They'll learn water safety and gain some basic skills for being comfortable in the water. They'll blow bubbles, learn how to kick, how to move their arms, etc.
A close friend of mine had her 5 year old in the program in July and said it was wonderful. She has pretty much talked me into putting my daughter in there in August. If any of you read my old blog last summer, you'll remember my horrible experiences with the 'swimming lessons' at the Y. So, I'm a little timid about putting her in the water with just anyone.
I called the instructor yesterday and she seems AWESOME. There are only 5 kids in the class, but she said that she is with them at all times. She never lets any of them go unless they are 100% ready. She said that rarely happens with kids this age. I feel comfortable that she will take care of my daughter.
The only thing that still has me worried? I can't watch. :( Therefore, I can't be there to dive in if I think she's drowning or something. (yes, I worry too much) I can watch from the lobby area, but not anywhere near the pool itself.
I think we'll do it... I'll probably just lose a few nights sleep til I feel comfortable with it all. :)
1 comment:
You will not need to dive into the pool to rescue her. She can stand up and pretty much rescue herself :) It will all be ok.
Post a Comment