Well, it's sad, but true... my baby is heading to kindergarten in a few short weeks. Time really has flown by. It seems like it was just yesterday when I brought her home from the hospital.
For the most part, she is really excited about starting kindergarten. She's constantly asking questions about how things will be at her new school. It is going to be very similar to the school she is in now because she will be going to another Montessori school. The structure and lessons will be very close to what she's used to. The other night, we sat together and looked at a slide show from her new school's website and she was able to identify what a lot of the kids were doing. So, I think she is getting more comfortable with what her new school will be like.
The biggest change she will have to get used to is having to eat a packed lunch every day. Her current school is on the campus of my employer and we have two big cafeterias on campus. So, she is used to having a hot, nutritious meal everyday. In order to get her used to her new lunches, I've already bought her lunch box and we are 'packing lunch' every day that we eat lunch at the house. (So, primarily weekends.)
We've done this several times now and so far, she's doing extremely well. It's fun for her to see what I've packed because it's always different. Unfortunately, the variety is going to end really soon because she is SOOO picky. She refuses to eat sandwiches!!
I've made a list of things that I think she might eat for lunch and I've stuck it on my fridge. I welcome any other suggestions for a picky eater!!
Here goes...
Ham Cubes
Ham Slices rolled with American Cheese
Pineapple
Peaches
Fruit Snacks
Apple Juice Capri Suns
Spaghetti O's
Mac & Cheese
Rice Cakes
Applesauce
Pudding
Yogurt
I'm hoping that once she sees what some of the other kids are eating, she'll want to try new things. We'll see.
It should be an interesting year, eh?
3 comments:
She'll do great!
Love the new blog! :)
I'm right there with you...my daughter starts August 20th (or the day after...they still haven't told us which days she'll be going). I thought about packing lunches and I started stressing because I'm not used to having to do that! I think I'm still getting over having to pack my own lunch for all those years of school!
Your picky eater may pick up other things she likes to eat after seeing what other kids bring. I know mine opened her eating horizons after seeing other foods her classmates ate.
Post a Comment