E has become infatuated with Elmo lately. The first thing he says in the morning is 'Elmo Elmo'. He can't walk by the tv without saying 'Elmo'. In some ways this is good. The tv can occupy him for 15 minutes or so in order for me to get something done around the house. But, we have to be careful not to let tv suck him in for too long. There is one baby movie he loves by Baby Einstein, The Barnyard or something like that. Anyway, he was watching it the other evening and all the sudden I hear him going 'Eee-yaaa Eee-yaaa'. So, I turn the corner and realize that the movie is singing Old Mc Donald. During the 'EIEIO' part, he was singing!! Soooo cute!! Of course, I can't get him to do it on command, so I can't get any video of him. I'm working on it though.
This morning, D took off on a golf trip with the guys. So, it was just me and the kids. After I got E ready for school. He decided it was time to wake up his sister. He barges into her room and slams the door against the wall. (poor H) Then, he walks into her closet, picks out some clothes, and brings them to her on her bed. This is exactly what D does every morning, minus the slamming door part. I thought that was pretty impressive!
E has gotten into the routine, since we've come back from vacation, of waking up screaming at 6:00, almost on the dot, every morning! I don't know what the deal with this is, but it's getting old!! I'd really like to sleep on the weekends to at least 7, since I get up at 5:30 every other day!!
He is also very addicted to his paci at home. He knows exactly where we keep them and he will walk up to it and say, "Paah-tee, Paah-tee" He doesn't have the paci at all at school, not even at nap time. We really need to work on breaking the habit at home.
H is almost done with school for the year. Last night, they had an ice cream social at school followed by a series of puppet shows. The class was broken up into four groups and each group did a puppet show. It was super cute! H had to design her own puppet. Her part was a hen named 'Hennie'. She concocted this whole idea of wanting the hen's beak to move. We created an awesome puppet, but it took an engineering degree to get it to work the way she designed it in her head. Her show was very funny. I have it on video. After the puppet shows, her teacher did a roast of all the children in the classroom. It was VERY heartfelt and wonderful. We are really going to miss Ms Taylor next year. Her roast to H was that she loved to dance and was always the first one in the class every day. Every once and a while she'd bust a move to the music on the radio in the morning. :)
H fell out of the bed the other night. We didn't know it until the next morning. It was around 3:00am and D and I both jolted up out of bed at a really loud thump. D got up and walked to H's room to check on her, but she was in the bed and looked sound asleep. So, he came back to bed and we figured it was something in the attic that had fallen or something. The next morning D asked H if she heard a loud thump last night. She said it was her. That she had fallen out of bed! The girl is 8!! She hasn't fallen out of the bed in about 6 years. What's up with that??
Today is field day for H. She has never had a field day before. So, she is really excited. It should be lots of fun!
1 comment:
She got back in the bed alone!? Brave child!!!
I can't wait to see Ev talking!!!!! :-D
Post a Comment