Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Need... sleep...

(skipping ahead a bit)

E got sick on Wednesday of our trip last week.  It started with a cough and pink eye.  I ended up calling his pediatrician so he could prescribe us some pink eye medicine before we got on the ship.  The eye drops worked wonders, but then, the coughing started.

Coughing coughing coughing...  and the nasty congestion.  He hasn't slept through the night since Wednesday night.  (which doesn't really count b/c he was up at 5:30 Thurs morning)  Friday night, on the cruise, he was so congested and coughing so much, I literally propped myself up in bed and let him sleep on my chest.  Saturday night, he was wide awake from 2:00 - 4:30.  (and we had to drive 12 hours home the next day)

Since we've been home, he's been fussy at bedtime.  (which he never used to do)  He's been waking around 3 or 4, going back to sleep for an hour, waking again, going back to sleep for an hour.

Now, I have caught this mess and am super exhausted.  I just need a night of uninterrupted sleep.  Is that too much to ask?  ;)

I haven't even mentioned his rash yet... 

1 comment:

AmySF said...

Oh no :( That sounds miserable!! Poor little guy. :-(

So sorry you are sick too but not surprised if you are that low on sleep. Wish I could help!