I've tried to take really good notes about what we did each day. I want to remember it all... well, except for the miserable parts... like E chunking his fork and spoon across the crowded dining room on the ship. :) There were many, wonderful memories made and I want to treasure them. I have written notes about each day and I'm going back and trying to fill in the details. This is a long process because we packed a lot into most days.
Our longest day, by far, was Day 1 at Magic Kingdom. I will be dividing this day up into multiple posts!! Here's the first one... enjoy!!
Our first day at Disney, was magical. We were up and out of the condo by 6:30 and at the Comtemporary Resort by 7:00 for our reservation at Chef Mickey's for our character breakfast to get the vacation started right. We were the second people to arrive at Chef Mickey's for the day. We had a family picture taken and then we were shown to our seats. Chef Mickey's is a buffet, so I got us started with food for me and the kids. Then, D went to get his haul. :) Shortly, thereafter, Goofy appeared as our first character guest. I was concerned with how E might handle it. Would he scream and cry or would he be happy to see the characters? Well, he was minding his own business, eating his biscuit and cereal, when this giant dog showed up beside him. All he did was lean in my direction and say 'up up up up up'. I picked him up and he was fine just watching Goofy. No tears at all. I think the fact that his sister was thrilled to see Goofy helped A LOT. Goofy signed her autograph book and we took pictures of H and Goofy together. After Goofy left, E just stared at Goofy as he made his way around the room... that is, until Donald Duck showed up at the table. E still wanted 'up', but he was much happier with Donald. He even blew Donald a kiss and waved good bye as he walked away. From that point forward, I just held E in my lap. The rest of the characters came and went and we both attempted to finish our breakfasts. Unfortunately, it was quite difficult. Eventually, I gave up and just took E to the lobby to 'walk'... which pretty much meant, that I was chasing him around. :)
The family picture they took was really cute. And, although it was $35, we bought it. We figured we may not get another family picture during the entire trip. Especially one where we were all looking at the camera at the same time! :)
So much for breakfast, it was time to start our day at the parks. We had to go back to the car to get the stroller and the day bags. I rented the most awesome jogger stroller for the trip. This was probably one of the best planning moves I made. Luckily, E loved the new stroller and sat peacefully in it as we made our way back into the Contemporary to catch the monorail. This was our first attempt at juggling two kids, two day bags, a camera bag, and a stroller. Needless to say, it wasn't extremely easy. Once we were finally settled on the monorail, the next stop was the Ticket & Transportation Center. Since we ordered our tickets later than we should have, we didn't have time to have them shipped to us, we had to pick them up at will call. I assumed that will call would just be at Magic Kingdom. Luckily D remembered it was at the TTA instead. Unfortunately, it was after the doors to the monorail opened, so we were grabbing and going!! Aaahh!! We finally figured out where 'will call' was... at the same ticket booth that everyone else was using to purchase tickets. We picked up our tickets and got back on the monorail.
We barely made it to see the opening ceremony. We caught the tail end of it and smooshed our way through the gates with hundreds of other people. D said, "I think Disney needs to widen Main Street!" It was quite crowded, but eased up some once we got to the castle. We headed straight for Dumbo first, as we always do. It had a CRAZY long line... like 40 minutes. So, we decided to forego Dumbo on this trip. Instead, we lubed up the kids in sunscreen and headed to Winnie the Pooh. Winnie the Pooh was one of the first rides we ever took H on during her first trip to Disney when she was two. She cried the entire time. So, I was a little nervous about how E would react. This was his first ride. Would he sit still? Would he climb out of my arms? Would he laugh/cry? Off we went to find out.
We filed into our honey pot.. H in the front seat, D, E and I in the back seat. E didn't know what to think. He just stared and looked. No tears, no shaking... but no smiles or laughter either. I think he was just taking it all in and trying to figure out what in the heck just happened!! Meanwhile, H was turned around in the front seat to see how E reacted to the ride!! Well, the thought was, "he didn't cry, let's try something else"
So, we headed to Peter Pan's flight. This one he didn't do as well on, but still no tears. I think it was the fact that it was all dark. Regardless, he rode the entire ride with his head on my shoulder, but perked up completely when we left. Next was 'It's a Small World.' This one, he was completely infatuated with. He was clapping to the music and was in awe at all the eye candy. It was great!!!
Next on the 'todo' list... head to Frontierland to get a Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Splash Mountain. When we got there, the standby line was shorter for Splash Mountain than Big Thunder Mountain. So, D and H obtained fast passes for BTMR and off they went on Splash Mountain. E and I found a nice shady spot and ate a snack. Fruit Loops and Apple Juice! Yummie!! He was very playful sitting in his stroller eating his munchies. One of the Disney photographers stopped by and took our pictures as we sat there eating. Eventually, we saw D and H go around the curve at the bottom of Splash Mountain so we hopped up and caught them at the exit. We walked to BTMR together, because I wanted to take a pic of me and H. (The last time we were at Disney, H was 5 and we took a picture together with BTMR in the background. I thought it would be neat to get the same picture, 3 years later!) Here are the photos... check out how much she's changed!!
After our photo, D and H were off to ride BTMR. E and I found a shady spot and I rocked his stroller back and forth. When D and H exited BTMR, E was fast asleep in his stroller. Yay!! :) It was only like 11:00 though... too early for lunch, so we headed to tomorrowland to get a fastpass for Space Mountain. Space Mountain?!?! Yes, you read that right. H was bound and determined to ride Space Mountain this trip, so she was going to ride it. They got their fast passes, but had to wait about an hour or so before they could ride. So, she and I went to ride the Indy Speedway ride. (argh! not a fan of that ride b/c it smells like gasoline... but I did it) :) We we emerged from the Indy car ride, E had woken up so we decided to grab some lunch...


No comments:
Post a Comment