Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 4 - Rest Day

Day 4 of our vacation was a rest day.  It was DEFINITELY needed.  I was wiped out! 

We didn't do a whole lot that day.  We slept late (haha)...  D, E and I were up at 7:00 and H didn't get out of bed til 9:00.  LUCKY DUCK!  E woke up coughing that morning, but he had no other symptoms.  It was a weird cough too.  After we were all up and dressed, we decided to go to Downtown Disney.

H knew there was a giant Lego store there and she was dying to spend some of her money on some Legos.  After spending a while in the store, she decided on purchasing the Harry Potter Lego game.  I'm not sure she's played it much, but I know she's opened it and gotten the pieces out of it.  We got a cinnamon pretzel at Whetzel's Pretzels there and a Berry Grenada.  They were both yummy!  We walked around the stores a bit.  I picked up an 'Extreme Caramel Apple' at Goofy's Candy Shop.  It had Caramel, chocolate (white and milk) and pecans on it.  The apple was enormous and super yummy!!  We didn't stay at the shops too long.  I wanted to go back to the resort and rest.


When we got back to the resort, I started laundry.  We needed to wash a few things before we started off on our cruise the next day.  The kids played while I fixed lunch.  After lunch, everyone but H took a nap.  :)  She was content watching Disney Channel in her room.


After nap, I started packing for the cruise.  We wanted to get everything into three suitcases or less; but we had to pack H's pillow and E's diapers, etc.  It sounds like an easy thing to do, but it wasn't.  Plus, I had to make sure that I had room for our dinner clothes and shoes.  It took some finagling, but I was finally able to pull it off.

Our last night on land, we decided to go out to eat, and for some reason, I was craving a steak.  There was a brand new Longhorn across the street from where we were staying.  So, we decided to try that with the kids.  It was yummy and the kids did great.  E chowed down on some broccoli and H just stared in awe.  :)

D and H dropped E and I off at the resort and they took off to play some mini-golf.  When I was getting things together for E's bath, I realized that his crib was no longer in his room.  That freaked me out and ticked me off at the same time.  :)  After many phone calls, it was determined that the 'rental company' that rents the cribs to the resort had came and picked it up.  Even though they saw that our luggage and items were still in the room, they didn't bother to contact the front desk to see if there was a mistake in the paperwork.  Instead, they took all of E's stuff out of the crib and took it away anyway!!  ARGH!!  Luckily, I had brought the pack n play just in case we needed it.  That night, we did!

D and H had a great time playing mini golf.  H came home with a few trinkets she won and some candy, which is always exciting.  

Also, I noticed that E's eye was starting to gunk up that evening.  It appeared like he was coming down with pink eye.  So, I called his pediatrician at home who called in a prescription for us to a local Walgreens.  Unfortunately, it took us a while to find a Walgreens that was open late.  (It was after 8 when I called the pediatrician.)  We finally found one and then D had to go on a hunt for it!  :)  He wasn't very pleased, but hey, it's better than going to the doctor on the ship, right?

From that point, we were ready for our cruise!!!  :)

No comments: