Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Ride Home from Agape

As I said in the previous post, the parents have to drive the kids to these field trips.  I don't like this at all.  First of all, I don't like being responsible for other people's kids in my car.  Secondly, I don't trust hardly anyone to drive my children when I'm not with them.  Let me just proove my point.

Remember I said this place was way out in the country...  off of two lane roads, etc.

Well, on the way to Agape, the parents split up somehow.  However, on the way back to the school, we started out as a train of cars.  The first car was the teacher's car.  (no students)  Then, there was parent car #1, parent car #2, parent car #3 (ME), parent car #4, and parent car #5.

The teacher drove a little faster than the rest of us and occasionally there was quite a bit of space between her car and parent car #1.  At one of these points in time, a large dump truck pulled out in front of parent car #1.  At this particular place in the road, it was at the top of a hill on a curve.  Parent car #1, didn't want to be behind the slow dump truck, so it proceeded to pass said dump truck on a double yellow line.

About 5 miles down the road, we were on a very small straight stretch of road, and parent car #4, proceeded to pass me, parent car #2, AND the dump truck.

Quandry - Is this something I talk to the teacher about?  Or do I just vow now to never, EVER let her ride with anyone else?

To make things better, we ALL arrived at the school within 2 or 3 minutes of each other.  So, what the hell was the hurry??

1 comment:

AmySF said...

I would mention it, why not!?! At least you know you've tried to help the other children who's parents can't be there. AND, I wouldn't let her ride with anyone else for sure!