Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 1 (cont'd) - Magic Kingdom

The past few weeks at work have been really REALLY tough.  This week things have kinda imploded a bit.  So, I'm going to take my lunch break and revert back to my vacation and try to relax a bit!  :)

Picking up where I left off with the last Disney post...
It was lunch time and we decided to just grab whatever was closest.  Unfortunately, that turned out to be Cosmic Rays.  Not sure if you've ever been to Disney before, but if you have, you have probably eaten there.  It's a counter service restaurant and by far, my least favorite.  They have hotdogs/hamburgers/chicken sandwiches etc.  As you know, H is an EXTREMELY picky eater.  It took us 15 minutes for her to decide what she wanted or how to order.  You see, we often order things that she says she wants and then once she tries them, she decides she doesn't like them and will refuse to eat.  So, this is how we split up the meal...  We ordered one hamburger plain, one cheesesteak, and one child's chicken nuggets.  The nuggets were initially for her, but if she didn't 'like' them, we could fall back on the hamburger for her.  We get the food and sit down to eat. 

Eating as a foursome still has it's challenges.  I refused to put E in one of those nasty high chairs, so he ate in my lap.  I had to fish out his sippy cup, silverware and bib from my backpack.  Everyone had to purell or use germy wipes for E. Then, I had to try to convince H that her chicken was not burnt.  (it was just pathetically crispy and hard)  I had to cut the hamburger up into quarters, the cheese steak into halves.  H ended up eating two chicken tenders and a quarter of a hamburger.  E ate some chicken, some hamburger, some fries, and some fruit I brought him.  D and I ate the rest.  I was SO glad when lunch was over.  It was a hassle.

It still wasn't time for us to go back and use our fast passes on Space Mountain, so we went to ride Buzz Lightyear.  (all four of us)  H was looking for the 'light post' b/c if you shoot it, you get 100,000 points.  We never saw the light post though.  I think her Disney book must have been lying about that.  E thought it was fun, but it was quite overwhelming for him.  Many sights and sounds.


Finally, D and H were off to ride Space Mountain.  I rode this thing once at Disneyland when I was in college and it freaked me out then.  I was a little worried about how she would do.  It took about 40 minutes for them to emerge from the ride.  When they did, she was grinning from ear to ear.  She said she laughed during the whole thing.  I thought that was weird, but sure enough, D told me that he heard her laughing all during the ride.  So, nothing else would do, we had to get fast passes to ride it again!


While we waiting for the time on those fast passes to arrive, we decided to travel to Adventureland.  D and H rode Aladdin's carpet while I searched for something cold to drink.  After Aladdin's carpet, they rode Pirates of the Caribbean. I had found a nice shady spot that I didn't want to move from.  I was right under the umbrella for one of the folks who you talk to about the Disney Vacation Club.  We have always said that we didn't understand why people did this.  Who wants to go to Disney every year?  Then, we recently have been talking to some folks around home who are members and they were explaining how you could use it to pay for Disney cruises, Adventures by Disney, and stay at 4 and 5 star hotels around the world.  So, I decided to talk to the lady about it.   What I really wanted to know was how the point system worked and what was the bottom line.  Of course, she couldn't tell me that there.  She registered us for a session on Wednesday morning at the Vacation Club to go and talk to someone.  We decided against going on Wednesday, but it was still worth some more investigating.

Back towards Space Mountain we went.  Unfortunately, or fortunately for me, we walked right past the snack shack that sold funnel cakes.  I am a HUGE sucker for funnel cakes and I couldn't resist.  Of course, we had to get one.  E had his first bite or two of funnel cake and really enjoyed it!  (He will eat almost anything.)  Then, we made it back to Space Mountain.  Still, after the second trip, H was all smiles.  But E and I were zonked.  We were ready to leave the park.

We stopped by Target on the way back to the resort.  I got food to make supper and food for breakfast for the rest of the week, all for under $13.  (I think our snacks at Disney costed that much alone!)  Finally, we made it back to the resort to rest a bit.  I cooked supper and D and the kids played.  I convince H she should go ahead and take her bath since we were going to go back to Magic Kingdom for the parade and fireworks.  It didn't take the normal amount of convincing b/c she was super excited to try out the jacuzzi bath tub in her room.  There was so much water in that thing, I think she could go swimming.  She enjoyed it though.  She took a jacuzzi bath every night we were there!!

Then, it was time to head back to MK...

No comments: