It didn't really hit me until I was waking Apple into school this morning...
Today was the last day I'd ever walk her into Children's House.
Today was the last day that we'd ever be able to take her for lunch.
Today was the last day she was going to be within a mile from me for the entire day.
Today was the last day that we'd all be riding to and from work together. (My husband and I have been riding together for 10 YEARS... this is going to be a big change.)
I could barely keep it together as I left her this morning. I ran into one of her teachers on the way out and said that this was going to be a really rough week.
At lunch today, her class did a little 'graduation ceremony' for her. The teacher read comments from all of the children about what they would remember about Apple. It was very cute to hear what some of the kids had to say. After this, she recieved a little photo book from her time there and a diploma. She was so proud.
All afternoon, I was in a funk. When it came time to leave, my husband sent me an IM and said, "I'm heading over to Children's House for the last time. :( " Tears welled up in my eyes and I had a lump in my throat for the next half hour.
We went over to pick her up. We gave all the teachers hugs goodbye. Apple was bouncing off the walls because she is so excited about going to kindergarten tomorrow. I? am quite sad that my baby is growing up so fast. But, I'm happy too about her embarking on new journeys.
Here is a photo that my sister snapped for us after the graduation. Behold... the graduate... :)
5 comments:
Ok, i'm getting teary eyed. Today is Alyssa's graduation....
Look how proud she is! Kindergarten is a big step for parents too! : )
(And can he wear shorts to work? Lucky ducks!)
Having just had our first day of Kindergarten I teared up just reading this. It's a sad time, but it's also so neat to see them so grown up walking through the halls of a big school! Good luck during the next few days!
What a neat picture, and a sweet post. I compare this to how I feel at the end of summer every year~ I LONG for it to go on and on, to be a stay at home mom forever, to just BE with my girls all day every day. But, of course, my mom says it best~ she reminds me every year how fortunate I am to have the summers with them, and how many great experiences they have ahead of them. It is still hard to leave the familiar, but how wonderful for you to have had these last 5 years of togetherness! And what fun stuff to come!!!
Hope she had a good first day!
You are such an attractive family!
Post a Comment