Since the moment I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, I told my husband that I could handle all the pee, poop, and vomit imaginable as long as he took care of pulling the baby teeth. Losing teeth freaks me out... completely. I even have nightmares sometimes about my teeth falling out.
I guess the reason I have such mental issues with baby teeth is because I had such a horrible experience losing my own baby teeth. Most of my baby teeth were pulled by the dentist for one reason or another. For instance, the first tooth I ever lost was pulled by a dentist. It was my bottom front baby tooth and the reason it had to be pulled was because my permanent tooth was coming in behind it.
A lot of my daughter's friends have loose teeth. Some even have front permanent teeth in already. The kids' ages range from 3 months older than Apple to 6 months younger than her. So, I'm starting to get a little paranoid. Why hasn't she gotten a loose tooth yet? I'm so paranoid that every once and a while, I try to wiggle one of her teeth... always to no avail.
So, tonight, I was doing my normal paranoid wiggle and I just happened to have her tilt her head down while I went in for the wiggle on a front bottom baby tooth... and guess what I saw?? TWO permanent baby teeth about to pop through the gums behind her baby teeth.
Seriously??? I think this child is a genetic clone of ME. It's insane.
I guess I will be making an appointment with her dentist soon to see what he wants to do about it. For now though, we need to get through the first couple of weeks of kindergarten. I'll bet they'll be through the gums by the end of next week though. :(
3 comments:
Sydney did not lose any teeth until age 5 1/2 (bottom front 2). These both had the permanent teeth coming in behind like you mentioned. We showed it to Dr. Neal at church and he said not to worry. The teeth would move into the proper spot when they could. However, now that both are really good and in, they are SO crooked! I had little to no space on the bottom of my teeth, so I guess she will be the same way. Maybe we should save for braces instead of college? She just lost her first top tooth last week- so cute!
Abby was 6 when she lost her first tooth but the proceed to loose 4 in about 4 months. The adult tooth for her first one was popping thru like Apple's. It wasn't an issue.
I surprised she wasn't in pain from the teeth coming in...that is so weird...but this coming from the person that has two rows of teeth....
Post a Comment