Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Policies

I'm going on a little rant here, so please excuse me...

I've about had my fill the past couple of days of people and their 'policies'.  Yesterday, I get a phone call at work stating that E is not current on his shots according to the school's policies.  If we don't provide proof of him having this one immunization, he can not come to school the next day because they are out of compliance.  First of all, he was scheduled for the shot.  The school would not accept a note from the doctor stating that he was going to get the shot at his next visit on June 20th.  Instead, I had to leave work early to take him to the doctor to get his shot!!! 

We have ALWAYS immunized our children.  We feel that it is very important.  Do they really think we weren't going to immunize him given his past record and H's past record there?  Also, I know for a fact there there are children there whose parents refuse to immunize.  How are they allowed to stay there but we are given grief about being a few weeks late on an immunization??

Then, this morning, I get a phone call from my dentist office reminding me of my appointment tomorrow morning.  What appointment?  It wasn't on my calendar.  I had made an appointment at my last cleaning to start work on replacing a crown that I have that is worn out.  Well, clearly, I don't want to have that kind of work done two days before flying across the country.  In addition, I am working from home the next two days and have appointments at lunch and after school hours.  I needed to reschedule.  When I told the lady that, she said, "We typically require a larger notice for these big appointments."  WELL, WHY THE HECK DIDN'T THEY CALL EARLIER???  It's not rocket science, people!!!  I finally got it through to her that I just can't come in the morning.  However, to reschedule my appointment for later in the month, I had to place a $200 deposit per their 'policy'!!  Seriously!!

I understand that I probably lost the dentist some money.  However, even the nail salon I go to calls 48 hours in advance.  You'd think he'd get that too, right?  Surely, he is an intelligent man.  Also, life is hectic.  People are going to have to cancel appointments.  It comes with the territory.  I will not be placing $200 down on an appointment again.  If they ask for it, I can find another dentist.  They are everywhere!!

Ok, I feel better...

1 comment:

AmySF said...

Deep Breath. Sunny California is only TWO DAYS AWAY!!!! It will all get better, but you clearly need a break! We've got an AMAZING babysitter you know.... :-D