Swim team is over for us. Hayden came to me in tears tonight at practice and said she would rather have private swim lessons. Secretly, I'm happy about it. I hated seeing her struggle and I hate the crunch it puts on us in the evenings. However, I know she feels like she let us and herself down.
It's one of those things, you know? You just don't know how its going to go until you give it a shot. I'm proud of her for putting forth the effort that she did. I know it wasn't easy. I also know it wasn't easy for her to tell us that she didn't want to do it anymore.
Part of me thinks she held out on us just long enough to do her first swim meet so she could keep her $70 bathing suit!!! (sneaky girl) :)
1 comment:
Ohhh, that is my sweetie! Wear that suit with pride little one!! So proud she was honest with you and that you were supportive of her... That means so much.
Give her hugs and kisses from auntie!! Dry those tears :-).
Post a Comment