Monday, November 3, 2008

Say WHAT???

I just got back to my desk from running a few errands at lunch and there was a voicemail waiting for me...

It was the nurse at the pediatrician's office...

"I wanted to let you know that Apple's throat culture came back positive for strep. We need to verify pharmacy information so we can call in her prescription."

At first, I was livid!! It's Monday, she's feeling better. She's back at school for goodness sakes!! Why did it take so long??

Then, I found this:
http://kidshealth.org/parent/system/medical/labtest11.html

Apparently, it does take 2 - 3 days for the culture to 'grow out'. (Which is exactly what the nurse said to me when I called her back to complain that it took so long. :) )

In the time being, she's coughed in my face several times over the weekend... not on purpose, but by accident. I wonder how long before I start showing symptoms??

Oh, and we're heading to Disney in two weeks!! Please let it happen before then!!

1 comment:

Tiaras and Timeouts said...

YIKES! Hope you do not get it, too.

Disney in November should be Perfect!!! Our Orlando friends say the fall/late winter crowds are easiest to deal with. That is usually when they actually venture out to the parks!