Thursday, November 13, 2008

What's Up

I was sitting here at my desk eating my Italian Wedding Soup, Doritos and and Sweet Potato Cake and realized I havent' had a really good blog post in a while. So, I thought I'd write and catch you up on a few things.

First of all, my sister has been in town since Saturday. We had a *really* good visit and Apple thoroughly enjoyed playing with her. My sis spent Saturday night through Wednesday morning with us and is now at my parent's house visiting with them for the rest of the week. We will be sad to see her leave on Saturday, but the good news is that she will be back on Dec 17th!!

Work is pretty crazy for me these days. I feel like I'm going ten thousand different directions at once. And, I decided to apply for a mangement position in our group. I'm really not sure if I'll get it or not. All the applicants are internal to our department and the competition is tough. Wish me luck cuz I think I'd do a really good job in management. We'll see though... interview is tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, we are heading to Disney at lunch time tomorrow. Packing is behind schedule. We did make a Target run last night to get goodies for the trip down. We also did several loads of laundry last night. The packing list is a mile long... but I think we'll be able to pull it all together tonight.

Hubby is taking the whole day off tomorrow. So, I'm just going in for the interview and leaving. It's a group interview and I'm nervous. I hate interviews. According my Meyer's Briggs personality testing, I'm an ISTJ. (Introversion, Sensing, Thinking, Judging) One of the qualities of this personality type is that you don't like to be on the spot to answer questions. (ie - an interview) Instead, you like to think about the question, mull it over for a while and get back with an answer you feel confident about. The others who are interviewing for the position? They think really well on their feet and in the moment.

So... I'm nervous...

Oh well, regardles of the outcome, I'll still be in Disney on Saturday. :)

1 comment:

Tiaras and Timeouts said...

Good luck with the interview- I'm sure you will be great!

Hooray for Disney~ have fun!!!