Friday, November 21, 2008

We actually did make it back!

We arrived home Wednesday night around 7:30pm. It was a LONG day of driving and let me just say, I definitely prefer to fly. Driving that far was definitely worse than flying across the country. Apple did great, it was just b-o-r-i-n-g!!

Anywho, we are now settled back into reality and before I stop talking about my trip, I wanted to make one last post about some interesting things I observed on vacation...

1 - The funniest thing I saw while at Disney was this 80+ year old man all slumped over in his rented scooter... The dude couldn't even sit up straight, but we he turned his little scooter in front of me, I noticed the bling in his ear. Yes, this old man had a diamond stud in his ear. I just thought that was funny. :)

2 - There were just as many people at Disney speaking English as there were people speaking foreign languages. Who know it was such an international location?

3 - The food prices do not always make sense. The night we ate at Akershus in Epcot, Apple got a child's pizza. The pizza was no bigger than 6 inches in diameter!! And it was $19.99. The following day, we at lunch at Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom. Apple also got a pizza then. This pizza was definitely larger (and tastier) and it was $14.99. Go figure.

4 - Hubby tends to forget his legs are about six inches longer than mine and quite often walks off without me. I had to holler "wait for me" more than I'd have liked to. :)

5 - If you travel to Disney World in November, you don't need to make a 'plan'. Every other time we've been to Disney, we've always had a plan of what to see and in what order for each day in the park. The crowds were so light this time, we were able to wing it and go where we wanted, when we wanted! It was great!

6 - It really DID snow on Main Street in Magic Kingdom!!

7 - We chose to go this past week b/c they offered the dining plan for free. Actually, every time we've been, we've always gotten the dining plan for free. This time? We calculated the savings... We ate $478 worth of food during the four days we were there. (This was free food to us.) But, if we had chosen to purchase the dining plan, it would have cost us $356 which would have saved us $122!!! So, if you like to eat, definitley go for the dining plan!!!

8 - Apparently, it is now Christmas in our neighborhood... We came back Wednesday night and saw about 6 houses in our neighborhood already decorated for Christmas. Hello?!? Can it not wait a week until after Thanksgiving?!?!

Anyway... That's it for Disney talk!! We had an excellent time and I'm sure we'll be going back again!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I choked when I read the price for a child's pizza! Dear Lord! We want to take Morgan to Disney next year or the year after. I'll be hitting you and Amy up for suggestions on how to make it a great trip. Minus the driving. I'm NOT driving to FL from NY. No freakin' way!!

Glad you made it home and that you had a great time :)

Tiaras and Timeouts said...

Glad you had a great trip! I totally agree- if the trip is longer than about 5-6 hrs, I have to fly. And, yes, christmas at our house will wait until after thanksgiving to appear!!

Happy Working Mom said...

Reading your updates reminds me that this time last year I was there! Isn't it cool at Christmas time? I love the snow on main street!

We just confirmed that we'll be there sometime during spring break...definitely more busy, but it's John's birthday, so he'll be free that day!