I REALLY REALLY like digital scrapbooking with Elements.
I had opposed the digital scrapbooks over the years for many reasons:
- The pages were so rigid... you had to put X number of pictures, in a certain position on a certain page
-I didn't like the little photobooks that they were printed in. I always liked the really BIG photo albums of traditional scrapbooks
-There was never any way to put in memoribilia in a digital album... like Apple's original artwork, ticket stubs, locks of hair, etc.
But, there have been many many advances in the recent years to solve these problems. For instance, you can now print a 12X12 digital page and stick it in a traditional scrapbook album!! You can also add pages to the traditional album for your memoribilia.
And most importantly... you can create your own layouts in Elements. There are absolutely no restrictions.
Check out my very first attempt at a digital page. (keep in mind, it's not elaborate... it's my first attempt)

One really neat thing?? You can get all these digital papers, embelishments, fonts, etc. for FREE!!!
I'm hooked... for some free video tutorials on using Elements, check out www.digiscrap101.com!! You might just get hooked too!!
2 comments:
I will definitely be checking that out! I"m a slacker scrapbooker- I've completed Sydney's FIRST year book and half of Riley's. I'm not even up to date on printing pics from Snapfish... Maybe this way I could be more motivated??
Happy election day!
I started scrap booking last year. Got halfway through Morgan's first year and then got bored.
I bought Elements over the weekend. I have yet to load it on the computer--I'm scared. Not sure why :)
My SIL has been doing digital scrapping for three years and the pages she does are amazing!
Post a Comment