Well, the first leg of our trip down is over... we have made it to the hotel and settled in for the night.
We're at a LaQuinta that is right off the highway. Except, of course, our trust in technology was a little too much. We got off the highway one exit past the hotel and then backtracked through some other roads to find it... but we did find it. :) The hotel is BRAND new. We may be the first ones to stay in our room. They also serve a breakfast in the morning which will be really nice before hitting the road. The only bad news? They have down filled pillows. Good thing I brought my allergy medicine. :)
Apple has done exceptionally well on the drive down. We stopped by the Redbox before we left and rented 7 movies. There has been a movie playing in the van during the whole drive today, but honestly, she has barely watched them. She's much more interested in working in work books, drawing, or writing. I was really surprised by that.
She has drawn several pictures for her Aunt Amy. :) Guess I'm going to have to stock up on stamps...
Another great thing about this hotel? It has wireless... Did you know the hotels in Disney charge you for internet access? It's something like $10 per day. How crazy is that? So, while we are there, I'll be blogging from my iPhone.
The interview? Well, it went 'ok'. I won't know the results til next week. So, we'll see.
2 comments:
Yay!! I wonder what she will do if Aunt Amy draws her a picture and mails it ;-) Send them on... my refrigerator has a few more empty spaces, who wants to see stainless steel anyway!?!?
YAY. Leg 1 down :) Our kids were bored watching tv after a while.
Post a Comment