Wow, it's been a while since I wrote a blog entry. What's up with that?
I have a lot of catching you up to do, so here goes...
- Last Wednesday Apple went on her very first field trip. Of course, being the overbearing parents that we are, both hubby and I went on the field trip with her. :) It was at the home of one of her classmates. The class spent the morning doing Olympic games in the front yard of this home. It was lots of fun for the kids. The parents (well, hubby and I mostly) were in awe of this home. Granted it took 30 minutes to get there from the school, but the home was on 12 acres of land. It was almost 6000 sq ft. And, according to the tax records online, it was worth over $1.5million!! HOLY COW!!
- Friday at lunch, I left town for my scrapbooking weekend. It was a group of 17 women who descended upon a golf resort in a neighboring city. We scrapbooked from noon on Friday until early afternoon on Sunday. It was a great weekend to catch up on our scrapbooks, relax, and just have some good quality time with friends. I love those weekend, but I'm definitely ready to get home when it's over. I missed my family.
- While I was away, hubby was in charge of Apple. She had a soccer game on Saturday morning. This was the first soccer game that her team has ever won and she was thrilled to peices!! She was even more excited at the fact that she scored two goals!! Good for her!! The only negative aspect of daddy babysitting was that Apple fell off her two wheel scooter on Sunday morning and skinned both of her knees... OUCH!!
- Monday afternoon was Apple's swimming lessons. I'm so impressed with how she is progressing. At the last lesson, the instructor had her floating on her stomach with her face in the water while he glided her toward the edge of the pool. (She calls this 'swimming by herself', but she actually has a long way to go before she does that) He also was putting things at the bottom of the 3'6" water and she'd go down and pick them up.
- Tuesday we had our meeting with Apple's teachers and the director of her school. They gave us a print out of the 1st grade curriculum and discussed with us things that they would be working with her and this other child on throughout the year to keep them challenged. We were really pleased when the meeting was over and we feel like we made the best decision.
- Finally, after school yesterday, Apple and I went to meet this other little girl she is going to be doing her lessons with and her mother at a local ice cream shop. It was the first time I'd met either of them and they were really nice. We are looking forward to more play dates in the future.
Ok, I think that brings you up to speed!! :)
4 comments:
You've been busy busy - sounds like with all good things though!
Apple did tell me she swam by herself, and I am pretty sure she could!!
Wow, a lot going on!
I'm very jealous of the scrap weekend!
The weekend away scrapping sounds awesome :)
1.5 million, huh? Wow.
Post a Comment