-Did you watch the debate last night?? I did. I was so happy to see some other topics brought to the table. :) I am glad that it's the last one though. I'm ready for this election to be over with. Early voting has already started in our area. I plan to vote next week!!
-Yesterday afternoon we went to Apple's new friends house for a play date. This is the friend that Apple is being pulled out of her classroom with to do more advanced lessons. She is the sweetest little girl. (and she is little) Her mom is extremely nice and I am very happy that this friendship has blossomed. But seriously? Where do people get all their money? I don't get it. Their house? Easily three times the size of ours. It was GORGEOUS!! Kinda makes me feel weird about asking them over to our house. I need to find out what this girl's dad does for a living...
-I had a parent/teacher conference with Apple's teacher yesterday morning. It was very interesting to see what they have her working on now. The teacher showed me the books she is reading, the comprehension work she is doing, and her math work as well. She is progressing wonderfully and she really seems to be enjoying her lessons. She does need to work on her writing though... not that her writing is bad, she just prefers not to do it. The teacher says that it is probably b/c she doesn't have enough confidence in her spelling or that she feels she must be a perfectionist and is upset when she misspells something. So, we are working on that.
-Last night was our last soccer practice for the season. The last game is scheduled for Saturday. (WHOOHOO!!! I am SO ready to have two days of my week back.) I think the kids are about ready for it to be over with too. Last night's practice was insanely full of drama. The kids were getting on each other's nerves and the coaches seemed exhausted!!
-Here's the worst story of the evening last night... the kids were lined up in the center of the field and they were going to take turns running the ball to the goal. I noticed that Apple was rubbing her eye and it seemed as if she was crying. So, I pulled her off the field. As she was approaching me, the tears really started to flow. I asked her what was wrong... She said, "[Girl Soccer Friend] just spit in my eye." This girl's father was sitting right beside me and had just finished explaining how she lost two of her front teeth over the weekend and now had a fairly prominent lisp. Since I didn't see the incident, I just assumed that maybe this girl spit while she was talking by accident. I told Apple that I thought it might have been an accident and I explained why. Apple said, "No, it wasn't an accident. She went like.." (and then she spit) I was like, "Ok, I'm sorry that happened. Look -- I think it's your turn to kick to the goal." And off she went. Well, this girl's father overheard the whole conversation. So, he pulled his daughter off the field and asked her about what happened. The girl fessed up to the whole thing... admitting that she did, indeed, spit directly in Apple's face!!! The father was mortified and promptly made his daughter apologize to Apple. In the end, everything worked out.... but, seriously?? KIDS these days!!! I don't recall anything like this EVER happening to me when I was a child.
3 comments:
That is a good father. Way to tell his kid off for that. Kids are diabolical sometimes.
Yikes! Spitting at age 5? What will be next? I'm glad the dad took care of it.
I'm with you on the excitement of fall sports ending! Only 3 more football/cheerleading games and then I'll have my Saturdays back!
I'd probably be ashamed to invite you over to my house! It's small!
And what in the WORLD? Spitting in a child's face!!! Shameful!
Post a Comment