Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Busy, Busy and more Busy

I think I need about 24 more hours in my day. I may actually feel like I accomplish all I need to.

Work is really crazy for me these days. We were told a couple of weeks ago that we were going to have to rewrite an application for our sales force. And, it has be done and in production by Jan 23. That gives us 3 months. The original application took over 9 months. Nothing like a rushed deadline, right? So, I feel like I barely have time to breath at work.

I did, however, have a terrific weekend last weekend. Apple had two birthday parties on Saturday which my hubby took her to so I could stay home. (wasn't that sweet?) I have been redecorating Apple's room since March. (Yes, I'm slow.) We painted her room and bought her new furniture. I made her valances for her windows. And, finally, last weekend, I got around to making her duvet cover. I've also got the fabric cut and ready for her pillow shams. I have to go buy some cording to make the piping for the shams. I ran out. Maybe, if I can find the cording, I will have it all finished this weekend and I can be completely done with redecorating her room.

Then, it will be time for MY room!! Fun Fun!!

On Sunday, we had our annual Halloween parade on our street. It was cute, but chaotic. Apple got upset b/c someone cut in line in front of her. This resulted in her crying during the entire parade. It kinda ruined the whole thing for us, but whatever.

This week, we had our last Monday night swimming lesson Monday night. In a couple of weeks, she'll be having lessons on Wednesday afternoons. Yesterday afternoon we went to K's house again for a play date. Today, we are at home b/c Apple seems to have a bad cold. She has complained alot about her throat hurting on Monday. She seemed fine yesterday, but woke up in the middle of the night complaining again. So, I'm going to take her in to be tested for strep, but I think it will be negative. We'll see. Better safe than sorry, right? Then, of course, Friday is the big day. In the morning, her school is having a Halloween parade. Then, the evening will be filled with trick or treating. (which reminds me, I need to get more candy...)

Saturday morning, we are taking Apple to the Symphony series for children in the morning. It will be Halloween music and the kids can wear their Halloween costumes. In the afternoon, I'm going to a scrapbooking event. Sunday, Apple is invited to another birthday party!!!

So, like I said, busy busy busy times.

No comments: