Monday, October 6, 2008

The good that follows the bad...

We got some bad news last week. It wasn't all that unexpected, but that didn't mean it hurt any less. Maybe one day I'll share, but for now, I'm keeping all this to myself...

After being down for a while, we decided that we needed something to pick up our spirits a bit. And what better to do that than to plan a vacation!! :) Right? So, that's EXACTLY what we did. On November 14th, our family is headed to the happiest place on earth. (which is where I really need to be right now) That's right, watch out Disney World, here we come!!!

Apple is so incredibly excited she can't sit still. She's already been back through our Disney albums so she can tell me exactly what it is that she wants to do again this trip. Too cute!!

This past weekend was jam packed. Apple had a soccer game on Saturday morning. She was a little peeved that she didn't score any goals this game, but they played really hard. I was very proud of her. Saturday afternoon was full of running errands that were piling up from my previous weekend away. Sunday we had a Fall Festival where I work. There were inflatables, carnival games, and free food. It was a good time, but nothing spectacular. After the festival, Apple and I did the Family Swim time at our company's pool!! Apple really loves the water. Let's just hope she keeps it up!!

Oh, and did I mention hubby was out of town the ENTIRE weekend?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not liking reading something bad happened. I hope you're alright!

Disney. Sounds like Heaven to me right now. I keep telling Amy I'll be asking her to plan our Disney vacation :)

Alice said...

I am sorry Edie. I was thinking about you guys this past weekend for some reason.... Glad you planned a trip though.

Amy W said...

Yea for Disney!!