My sister and a few friends introduced me to Facebook. I am usually far out of touch with these sorts of things, but I decided to sign up and try it. Why not, right?
I've had my info on there for several months now. It's really neat touching base with folks you haven't seen or heard from in years. Some folks that I am now 'friends' with on Facebook are people that I haven't seen since my high school graduation day. I have a couple of 'friends' on Facebook that I have never met in person, but whose blogs I read (and/or comment on) on a daily. Then, there are other 'friends' on Facebook that I see every day... folks I work with.
The weirdest Facebook thing happened yesterday... I got an email from a Facebook member asking if I was the [My First Name] [My Maiden Name] that attended Governor's School in the summer of 1993 in WS. Holy Crap!! That was like 15 years ago!!
[Governor's School was a six week long educational program during the summer that was sponsored by our state. Each high school sent one or two students per year. ]
I am indeed that person, but I had absolutely NO IDEA who this person was that was contacting me. Why would this person be contacting *me* of all people? So, I dug up my 'yearbook' from Governer's School and looked this person up. He was not someone that I hung around with at Governor's School. I wrote him back and asked why he was contacting me!!
Apparently, there is a Governor's School Alumni Association (who knew?!) and they are trying to touch base with all the people who attended. There's a group on Facebook for them. I joined, but honestly, I didn't recognize anyone.
Seriously folks, I can barely remember to make my bed in the morning, much less remember folks I spent 6 weeks of my life with 15 years ago!!!
Regardless, I thought it was neat.
1 comment:
I am afraid to get on Facebook...
Post a Comment