Friday, September 26, 2008

Tidbit Updates

Sorry it has been a while since I posted. I've kinda had a lot on my mind lately. :)

I don't have a whole lot to post today, but wanted to send you and update.

We have decided NOT to move Apple up to the next grade. We did a lot of research and spoke with several teachers and we came to the conclusion that even though she'd do well now if she moved up, we don't know what the future may hold. I don't want her to struggle in years to come, either academically or socially, because we made this decision. Sooooo... we've had a long talk with the director of her school and her teacher. They feel like they can continue to keep her challenged academically without moving her up.

There is another little girl in the kindergarten classroom across the hall from Apple's class that is also ahead of the curve. So, they are going to pair them up and do special advanced lessons with them together. I think this is ideal. We are planning to meet with the director of the school, Apple's teacher and this other kindergarten teacher next week to outline what they will be working on. I really feel like this is the best decision for all of us.

On to a lighter note, I'm heading out of town for a girls' weekend full of scrapbooking!! I'm so excited. It should be lots of fun, but I will miss my family, as usual!

Have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Tiaras and Timeouts said...

Glad you were able to come to a decision that you are all comfortable with! Sounds like you've got a good plan together!!

Have a great weekend!

Tiaras and Timeouts said...

On a different note, I remember that I loved your Christmas cards last year. Can you tell me the name of the website??

Thanks!!

Julie said...

It sounds like you made the right decision.