So, back in January I moved into a new office on my floor. My new office had a window (FINALLY) and it was a little further down the hallway and therefore there was A LOT less traffic. By moving into this new office, I also moved in beside a gentleman that has been my 'mentor' of sorts for the past few years.
Now, this man is really nice. He's almost like a code father... meaning, if you have problems with your code, you can go to him for help. Although, sometimes he's just extremely grumpy and would rather you leave him completely alone. :) All in all, though, I really like him. He has good ideas. He knows his stuff. And, he's always been nice to me.
The one REALLY annoying habit he has? He plays music most of the day. And he plays it loud enough to hear two or three offices down the hall. Since I'm right next door, I get the brunt of it.
He plays all kinds of music too depending on his mood that day.. and he can be really moody. It can range from country to rock and roll or from Christian rock to opera. Seriously, it can get really annoying when you are under a time crunch and trying to work your way through a recursive 'for loop'. (that was for all the geeks out there!)
So, I bought a Zune. I figure, if I'm going to have to listen to music, it might as well be music that I WANT to listen too. So, last Saturday, during tropical storm, Apple and I downloaded album after album. I have lots of things on there that are peaceful for me to listen to while trying to concentrate at work. But, I also was talked into putting several soundtracks of Disney movies on there.
Needless to say, Apple hijacked my Zune for the majority of last weekend and has been ticked at me every night this week for not bringing it home....
2 comments:
That's funny. I have no idea what a zune is.
Would make a great Christmas gift for her!
Post a Comment