So, my hubby left work at 3:00pm Friday afternoon to head to the mountains for a golf tournament and left me and Apple here to fend for ourselves during the tropical storm that was supposed to be passing through over the following 24 hours.
Honestly, I wasn't worried at all and part of me was REALLY looking forward to the rain. I find these storms relaxing. Crazy? I don't know. I really do like them though.
So, since the storm was supposed to hit during the night, and hubby was out of town, I let Apple sleep in my bed. This was a HUGE treat for her. She has never done this at home before. The only times I've slept with her is when we were on vacation or at the grandparents. So, she was thrilled to bits to be able to sleep in Daddy's spot.
The storm didn't wake me at all during the night. When we woke up Saturday morning, the wind was blowing and the rain was pouring. So, we came downstairs for breakfast and opened the windows from the house to the screened in porch and just watched and listened to the rain!! It was wonderful. It actually stopped around 10:30... I wish it would have lasted all day.
Saturday evening we went over to a neighbor's house. A lot of the other husbands on the street had gone to the beach for a guy's weekend. So, the 'golf widows' were getting together with the kids for pizza and fun. It was fun... a little bit overwhelming with all those kids under one roof. We left and came home and went straight to bed.
Sunday, we slept in... fixed French Toast for breakfast. Hubby got home around 11:00. After lunch, we headed to Apple's good friend, Ethan's house for a playdate. This playdate has been planned for over a month and Apple has been so excited about it. She was so excited to see Ethan. They haven't seen each other in about 6 weeks, so it was a nice reunion. They played in the sprinklers for a while... then they played musical instruments... then they decorated Halloween cookies... and finally they played in his house for a little while. It was amazing how extremely well they played together... no bickering, no fighting... it was all smiles and giggles for over two hours!! I hope we can get them together again soon before they forget about each other. :)
And, of course, Sunday was hubby's birthday!!! He wasn't very excited about it, but we were. While he was gone on Saturday, Apple and I made him a big 'Happy Birthday' banner and draped it across the windows in the breakfast nook!! He was really excited to see it when he got home from his golf trip. So, after the playdate with Ethan, we all went out to eat supper to celebrate. I would have preferred to take him to The Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs or McCormick & Schmick's... but alas, Olive Garden it was. :)
So, we had a great, relaxing, and eventful weekend!! I would love to have another one soon!!!
2 comments:
Glad she got to play with her friend!
Her playdate sounds like a lot of fun :)
Post a Comment