So, last week was really cool. I enjoyed spending a lot of quality time with Apple before she started kindergarten full force.
Last Tuesday was Open House at her school. Open House was from 9:30 - 11:30. Afterwards, we went to eat lunch with Daddy in the big cafe at work. Then, we went to Monkey Joe's. It's an inflatable playspace where Apple really got her exercise. She played for about two hours and then she was pretty much wiped out! :)
On Wednesday was her first day of school, but it was only half a day. Actually the rest of the week was only from 9:30 - 11:30 in the morning. She did excellent, as I posted previously, and afterwards, we went to eat lunch with Daddy again. Then, we went to a kids museum downtown. It was the first time we'd ever been to that particular museum. It was fun and she enjoyed it, but I can tell, she's kinda outgrown it. :(
On Thursday, we just came home after school. We needed an afternoon of rest. And rest is exactly what we did. We loafed around on the couch all afternoon. So much cuddling. It was terrific!!
On Friday, we went to eat lunch with Daddy after school. Then, she got to go back to Children's House for a visit. She got to hug all her old teachers and all her friends in the classroom. She got to tell all of her teachers about her new school... what was similar and what was different. She really enjoyed the visit and so did I! After that, I took her to Build A Bear in the mall. I wanted her to have a very special momento to remember her first week at school. She was so cute in there picking out the clothes and all. She has slept with the bear every night since.
Yesterday was her first full day at kindergarten. This meant that she was dropped off by her Daddy in the morning and I didn't pick her up until 4:00. She ate her lunch that I packed. (She ate everything I packed too!! Today I packed more food!!) She went to the new afternoon classroom and she played in after school care. She really seemed to enjoy it.
When I got there to pick her up, I was a little concerned because she was playing in the sandbox all by herself. :( But, once she saw me, she had to show me how she does tricks on all the new playground equipment!! On the ride home, she told me about her lesson that afternoon on drawing faces. She told me that she wrote a story. She said she did a puppet show with her new friend Anais. (Anais is a girl and she shares a cubby with Anais.) She also told me about other friends she made yesterday. So, I think she had a good day. This morning, she was ready and raring to go all over again.
I just hope this continues...
4 comments:
YAY! Alyssa got in the car, sprawled in the car seat and demanded to be fed :)
Sounds awesome!
I'm glad to hear she's adjusting so well. We hit a snag on day 2 - hopefully day 3 will be better!
I'm so glad she's having so much fun!
Post a Comment