Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Visit is Coming to an End

Christmas2008-288.jpg

My sister has been visiting with us for almost three full weeks. Tomorrow morning, I take her back to the airport for her to head across the country. We're thinking it will probably be another four months before she heads back this way.

We've had a very good visit... well, excluding the illnesses and crazy antics of the holidays. All in all, we really enjoyed our time together. I will treasure it always.

My sis is the "fashionista" of the family. Due to the fact that she's been here almost three weeks, I've picked up a lot. For instance, we went jeans shopping this week. She? only wears designer jeans. I? am lucky to purchase jeans at The Gap. I tried on designer jeans this week for the first time and I love them. Now, I can't say I'm going to buy only designer jeans from this point forward. (cuz my husband would kill me) But, I am getting my first real pair for my birthday this month and I'm really excited about it!

I've also picked up beauty tips and tricks that have long escaped me... brands of makeup, hair care products, brands of hair dryers and flat irons that are the best. Maybe I can follow in her footsteps in these areas. (Lord knows she's followed in my footsteps long enough!) :)

Thanks for a great visit A. I love you and I'll miss you. Hurry back.

4 comments:

Tiaras and Timeouts said...

How cute!! I appreciate your new love for the flat iron- I"ll be having a funeral if mine ever clunks! And I agree that the "good" jeans are totally worth it- I love my Lucky's (check ebay for good deals) and currently waiting on a pair of Sevens at 40% off from a parent at school who works for VF Corp. and is sharing her emp. discount with me (I coached her child, so it pays to have connections)
Glad you had a good visit!

Sabrina said...

I need a fashion overhaul. Can your sister stay with us for 3 weeks?

Amy W said...

Yea, when is she going to teach me? And where did you get the jeans?

Amy W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.