Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweetie

Tomorrow, my baby turns six years old. I honestly can't believe she's been such an integral part of our lives for an entire six years already. Time has flown by since the moment she was born. We have enjoyed every minute of it too... even the tough times!!

So, tomorrow and Saturday are big days of celebration in our home. Tomorrow starts off with her opening her birthday present before breakfast. This year, we decided to get her an American Girl doll. I, of course, have these fantasies of taking her on a Mommy/Daughter trip to Chicago, NY or Atlanta to the American Girl store for a day. But, who knows if she will even like the doll. She hasn't been too much of a doll girl, so hubby was a little leary of giving it to her.

I chose to give her Kirsten. Her class has been reading Little House on the Prairie. The teacher reads it to the kindergarteners a chapter at a time during group each day. Apple has been fascinated with this book and actually got her own copy for Christmas. Since Christmas, she's been reading a chapter a night to hubby and I before bed. Kirsten lives on the prairie and comes with a book about her life on the prairie. I think Apple will enjoy her. I guess we shall see.

Then, she has her 'celebration' at school. We will be there at 11 for 'special snack' which Apple was allowed to choose. (We just made two batches of brownies tonight!) Then, they will celebrate each year of Apple's life. It should be cute.

Saturday morning is her official birthday party. It is going to be held at a museum downtown. It is a 'Mad Scientist' party. The kids will be doing experiments and seeing some exotic animals. The kicker to this? Tomorrow is the inauguration of our new governer. Downtown is going to be a nightmare. We are going to have to go to the party WAY early in order to find parking. I hope it doesn't deter too many of the party participants. If I had known about the inauguration before I booked the party, I wouldn't have done so. Ugh!!

Regardless... with all the birthday festivities and me still being sick, it should definitely be an eventful weekend!!

3 comments:

Happy Working Mom said...

Happy Birthday Apple!!

I hope she has a fun day and a fun time at her party!

Alice said...

What a great party idea! Hopefully, things will be fine traffic wise for you! Going to pick up R's cake this morning, so maybe I will see Apples!!!!

Happy Birthday to her. All the cool moms and kids have birthdays in January.

ALICE

Tiaras and Timeouts said...

Happy birthday to your big girl!! My S also loves the Little House books, as did I.

And, Alice, I have to disagree (with love) to your January comment. JULY is the best month!!!