Sunday, January 11, 2009

I think I might be feeling better... FINALLY

So, this weekend was busy... busy, busy, busy...

As you know I was still feeling horrible Friday night. I forced myself to get up on Saturday, get dressed and go to Apple's birthday party. She only turns 6 once, right? There was no way I was going to miss that.

The party was excellent. It was downtown at a museum during the same time the governor was being inaugurated. Surprisingly enough, traffic wasn't bad at all. We got there about an hour before the party was supposed to start, but that's ok. We just looked around the museum for a while.

The party was a mad scientist party. The kids got to do experiments that were pretty exciting for them... for example, mixing baking soda and vinegar to create a gas to blow up a balloon... and mixing cornstarch and water to create a polymer (to them it looked like a liquid, but when they touched it, it acted like a solid)... the kids also got to see/pet four different exotic animals. There was a hedgehog, a odd looking turtle, a lizard and a python. Most of the kids were very brave and petted all the animals. They had a great time and Apple really enjoyed it.

After the party, I was completely wiped out. I fell asleep in the car on the way home and when we got home, I crashed on the couch for about 3 hours. I was miserable. I really wanted to go out that night with our neighbors so I was trying to rest as much as I could. Hubby was a HUGE help and entertained Apple the entire time. By the time I got up, I had started feeling a tad bit better. So, I decided that we would still go out.

We went to this really fancy restaurant downtown and it was fabulous. Our reservations were at 7:00, but we didn't start ordering until 8:00. We had a three course meal. My first course was a lobster risotto that was SO yummy. My second course was a Filet Mignon that was de-li-sh!! (it was $54!!) Then, I had a spiced apple crumb cake for dessert. Hubby's meal was similar to mine. I think it had to be the most expensive meal we have ever eaten, but it was so good. It is definitley a place to go to for very special occasions!!

We didn't get home until after 11 on Saturday so it was a long day... especially since I wasn't feeling well. Today we just stayed at home and I think I have finally turned a corner with my virus or whatever it was. I can swallow today without cringing in pain and I haven't had to take a nap all day. (That's the first time I've been able to say that for a week!!)

No comments: