Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Too break or not to break??

That is, bloggy break. :)

So, a dear friend wrote on my Facebook wall asking if I was taking a 'bloggy break'. I guess I have been. And, I probably should explain why.

You see... I just got a new job at work. Remember that management position I interviewed for a few months ago? Well, it was made official and I am now a manager in my department. I have two people reporting directly to me. Two wonderful software developers. I know they are going to make my job easy, but I am SOOO busy at work that I end up coming home with work most nights.

And, by the time I get done? All I want to do is crash on the couch. So, my posts will be hit or miss here until I can get a handle on my new responsibilities at work.

But tonight, I felt like I needed to let you know where I've been! I promise to be back, but it just won't be a predictable situation. :)

Here's a funny story from dinner tonight though...

Apple got these for Christmas. Tonight's game went something like this...
  • The youngest person in the family starts by naming one food that's on the table or in the kitchen, such as milk.
  • The next player repeats the word and adds another word that starts with the same sound, such as meatball. In other words, that person would say "milk, meatball".
  • Continue around the table, trying to say the words as quickly as possible, until it's too much of a tongue twister.
  • When no one can do it, start over with another food.

So, it was going like this... "bread, banana, baked beans, butter... " It was getting tough and it was Apple's turn and she said, "bread, banana, baked beans, butter, beer". For a lot of people, this wouldn't be so shocking, but for us, it was very shocking. See, we don't drink. We've never had alcohol in our house. Apple has never seen us drink anything alcoholic. (She has seen other people drink, but not us nor in our house.) So where in the world did "beer" come from??

I looked up at hubby. We both had a shocked look on our face and started laughing. Then, I asked where that came from. He said that they pass the ABC store every day on the way to school. This morning, she asked...

"What is the ABC?"

"It is an Adult Beverage store."

"What's an adult beverage?"

"Wine, beer and stuff like that"

"Beer? What's in beer?"

"Wheat, barley... yucky stuff"

:)

3 comments:

Tiaras and Timeouts said...

Funny! S was once asked to make a shopping list as part of a school writing assignment and wrote "wine".

Congratulations on your new job!! That is great! We'll enjoy the updates when you can!

Alice said...

Great work on the job! I guess kids DO retain everything. Glad to see you're back... I check every day....

AmySF said...

YAY!!! You're back!!! :)