Today has just been a fantastic day. It's been a stay at home day for me and the kids (well, for the most part) and we have really enjoyed spending some quality time together. There is nothing more enjoyable for me than to relax at home and play with my kids. To hear their giggles and laughter and happiness just brings more satisfaction to me than you can imagine. It's really hard to put that feeling into words, but today was one of those days that was just great! :)
So, that being said, lemme give you an update on the kiddos...
H went to a summer camp this week at CA. The first half of the day was a reporter camp where she pretended to be a reporter and wrote several interesting articles about Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. The afternoon camp was a camp where she learned about things living in the sea. When I picked her up from camp on Friday afternoon, she came home with three fish. Yes, real live fish. EVERYONE in the camp went home with at least two fish. (Wouldn't you think they'd inform the parents of this?) Anyway, so she had been versed in how to care for and feed the fish. We were to go buy fish food in the morning. Well, the three fish were belly up this morning when we got up. So, not only did I have to deal with the fact that my child had an instant pet on Friday afternoon, I had to deal with the death of said pet. Fun, fun. The three fish went swimming to the great sewage ocean and I had to clean a funky fish tank. To answer your question, no, we are not buying more fish. H handled it really well. Luckily (I guess) they had some fish that perished Friday afternoon in class, so she was somewhat expecting it. Regardless, I wasn't really prepared.
E has successfully broken his paci habit. Well, at least for while he's awake at home. He gets the paci when 'he goes night-night'. And, until Dave is ready to bear the brunt of it, in the car. Otherwise, he is without paci. (YAY!!) He's really growing up a lot lately. He's sitting at the table with us. This has greatly reduced the thrown sippy cups and silverware incidents. He's gotten rid of his paci at home and he's just talking non-stop.
Speaking of talking... sometimes I think I'm the worst mom in the world. So, his new favorite phrase is "Oh my gosh". SERIOUSLY!! D picked him up at school on Friday and the teacher gave him one of those shameful talkin-tos. She said he's been saying "Oh my gosh" to everything. Today, I heard it all the time... at pictures in books, at movies on tv, at thunder rolling outside. So, D and I were trying to think where he picked this up from. I know I've heard H say it before, but I don't think she says it that much. (maybe I'm wrong) I try to always say, "Oh my goodness". Who knows what Dave says. We realized today that Goofy says "Oh gosh" a lot on Mickey Mouse clubhouse. (E has been addicted to that lately) So, any idea how to break THIS habbit?? :) Today, when he said it, I would say, "Don't say that. Say 'Oh my goodness'" Of course, I don't think he can say 'goodness' so even if he tried, it'd probably come out sounding like 'gosh'!!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment