Thursday, July 7, 2011

Our Daily Craziness

I was up and at 'em this morning at 5:15 for a workout at the gym before work.  It's the first time I've gone to the gym early in a while.  Yesterday I went to a 'Back to the Core' class during my lunch break.  Let me just say, I have a weak core.  Holy cow!  That class kicked my toosh!  This morning, it was 30 min on the elliptical stair climber.  Supposedly, I burned 300 calories.  (I guess that's enough to burn off that yummy cupcake I ate the other day at lunch...  shhh!) 

I got a call yesterday as I was leaving work saying that H's camp for next week did not have enough registrants and therefore was being cancelled.  Um, hello?  It's Wednesday before the camp starts on Monday!  What's a mom to do?  So, now D and I are trying to decide if we put her in another camp or if we take some time off of work and stay home with her.  We have plenty to keep us busy at home.  There is a lot of straightening, de-cluttering we need to do before we get too deep in our remodel.  I think both of us are trying to put that off as long as possible though.  Ugh!  I guess that always leaves the pool!!  :)

We have this 'Little Tykes' toddler slide upstairs in the bonus room for E to play on.  Obviously, H can't stay off of it either.  Last night, they were both sliding down the teeny tiny slide, one right after another.  One time, as H got down the slide, she did a forward roll.  E saw this and wanted to imitate her.  Sure enough, he rolled right over.  They did this numerous times.  H said, "You need to get this on video"  Yes, I do dear.  However, the video camera is downstairs and the battery is almost dead.  By the time I get it back up here, you two will be on to bigger and better things.  How I wish I had a camera attached to my fingertips.  :(

I met with the kitchen designer at HD on Tuesday evening for THREE hours.  We went through her design and each and every cabinet.  I was thrilled with the layout and then right before we were to walk out the door, I asked her when I would get the price.  She said she could give it to me right then.  She printed it out and my jaw dropped.  It was 60% higher than our first quote and didn't include installation.  So, I've been very bummed the past couple of days.  I had my heart set on these cabinets, but it's not an option for us.  Friday, I'm off of work.  I will be spending the entire day doing cabinets with the cabinet people.  I have an appt with the lady at HD Friday morning to see if we can get the price down.  (I doubt it can come down enough for me to be happy.)  Then, in the afternoon, I'm meeting with our first cabinet guy to go through his quote cabinet by cabinet.

1 comment:

AmySF said...

Ok, you need a new phone so that you'll have video on it!! And then, its just about keeping the phone on your hip! ;-)

Sorry to hear about cabinets... that is a TOTAL bummer. Plus, considering the time you've already invested I wish they would have been more upfront about the cost. Ugh.