Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th Weekend

We had a great July 4th weekend.  My sister and her fiance were in town.  They swung by on Friday after a week in NYC on business.  They stayed with us through yesterday and now they are in for a fun filled week with my parents.  ;)

Highlights of the weekend included:
- Much deliciousness created in my kitchen.  (The best was the strawberry shortcake pictured here.)
- A terrific 'sisters only' dinner at An.
- Many hilarious moments playing with the kids
- Seeing Saturn's rings on our new telescope
- 4th of July cookout at my parents house

It's always fun spending time with A and J since we don't see them very often. 

H is off to her drama camp this morning.  She's super excited about it.  I really hope it lives up to her expectations!!  (fingers crossed!)

2 comments:

JeremySF said...

Thanks for having us - we really enjoyed spending time with the Cagles. Glad that telescope worked out! Hopefully next time there won't be so many mosquitos out and we'll have clearer skies!

AmySF said...

We had such a great time!! Thanks so much for having us again, it was amazing to spend some time with your family .. I think July 4 is a great holiday to spend with family. I really loved spending time with both kids and especially getting to see Ev. Its been so long!! My favorite saying is now "Up I go!!" :-*