We spent about an hour and a half on the beach this morning after breakfast. E still wasn't too thrilled with the water, but did enjoy playing in the sand a lot. H boogie boarded for the majority of that hour and a half and was extremely displeased when she had to go back to the house. She was a trooper though. Sometimes, I feel really bad for her b/c I see how much she sacrifices b/c her brother needs so much more care. For instance, she rode the entire 3+ hours down here watching Elmo so her brother wouldn't pitch a fit. She could have stayed on the beach for hours if it wasn't for the fact we had to get back and get showered and fix lunch so her brother could take a nap. Then, she was 'bored' during the majority of the afternoon while her brother took a nap... although we played games together for most of that time. Regardless, I think she is an excellent big sister. I need to remember to tell her that more often.
Anyway, after dinner, I decided to take her back to the beach for a little kite flying, just the two of us. Let me just say, we have this kite flying thing down pat. (thanks A and J and that bum on the hill) It took us about 5 seconds to get this kite flying and it was tons of fun! :) (we forgot the kite we bought in CA, but fortunately, there was a kite here at the house we are staying at)
No comments:
Post a Comment