Lots to update you all on the kiddos this week. Let's start with H. D and I went to parent/teacher orientation on Wednesday night for H's new class. It was great. It lasted almost two hours. She has excellent teachers this year. They are both male. They have an incredible teaching background. Her lead teacher has been at her school for 13 years and has a terrific reputation. I'm really looking forward to this year. Their first field trip will be to the Morehead Planetarium. Then, they are going to have an overn night field trip on the grounds of the school in September. They will be catering in food for all of the children's families so we can have a social meet and greet. Then, around 7:30 all the family members go home and the students and one parent stay on campus and camp out on the grounds. They will roast marshmellows, study the stars, and watch a movie. It should be really really nice. Now, who will be the parent to stay? Dunno yet! They will be going on at least one field trip a month, usually more. There is also a low income preschool that the teacher is associated with and the 3rd graders will be doing work with them several times throughout the year. I think it will be an extraordinary way for H to learn to give back to her community.
We had the piano delivered this weekend!! H is completely infatuated with it. She has played it every spare minute she's had over the weekend. We've gone through all of her old music books and even found the sheet music to Chopsticks and have starts playing it together. It's a lot of fun. I'm so glad she's excited about it. Her lessons start on Tuesday afternoon.
H made another attempt at a sleep over this weekend. This time, it was with some friends in the neighborhood. They did really well, but she just gets so much anxiety when its time to go to bed. She feels like she has to do everything the same time as or before anyone else does. When everyone else falls asleep first, she looses it. They tried to do lights out around 11, but the mother said that H was upset, but they were going to try some things. I get another text from the mom around 11:40 saying that they were all motionless. Then, I get another text at 1:00 saying that H wanted to come home. The mom says that she think H fell asleep but she swears she didn't. Knowing H, I'm pretty sure she was asleep, awoke and then couldn't go back. She was even armed with her iPod touch and a sleep app. Oh well, we just gotta keep trying. When we got up Sunday morning, I invited all the girls over for breakfast. I fixed them pancakes.
I was on my own with the kids this weekend. D was at conference all day long both days. We had a good time playing and everyone was healthy, which was nice. H and I tried out a new chocolate chip cookie recipe and we roasted our first chicken which turned out yummy!
Ev would walk around the house this weekend saying "Daddy... whork" One time, he literally said it for a half an hour, over and over again. That boy is SUCH a Daddy's boy. He LOVES his Daddy.
We took them both to the dentist today for their six month cleanings. It was E's first time. He did about as good as you'd expect. The dentist is really concerned b/c E has a large open bite. They want us to stop the paci altogether, very soon. He has been down to only having it at night for about two weeks now. We will have to work on breaking that habit soon. Maybe this weekend?


No comments:
Post a Comment