Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Saying Bye-Bye

Guess what we did this weekend?

We cleaned out our attic. For six and a half years now, we have saved almost every peice of clothing that Apple has ever worn. We were hoping to be able to use them if we ever had another baby girl. Well, doesn't look like that's going to happen. :)

So, we went through bin after bin after bin of clothing. We itemized everything and put it all in trash bags to take to Goodwill. We literally had over 25 completely stuffed trash bags of clothing!! I was amazed at all that we had kept. Unfortunately, though, we only were able to save a few outfits that the baby might be able to wear.

We did save all Apple's 'special' clothing... you know, things that we had pictures taken in, what we brought her home from the hospital in, etc. One day, I'd like to give her those items.

Other things we went through included the bouncy seat, the pack and play, the stroller, the high chair, the baby swing, etc. Most of it, we are able to reuse. We will need a new high chair and a new infant car seat. All of the other stuff, we can reuse.

So, now... I think it's time to start my baby registry. I don't expect to get too much as gifts since this isn't our first baby. But, every little bit will help.

Oh! And I think we have a name picked out... I might announce it in a month or so. I want to make sure it's what we want. :)

We're making progress... slowly, but surely.

1 comment:

Alice said...

You are making great progress! Can't wait to check out your registry! There is so much cool stuff since Apple was born!!!