This is one of three pools in our neighborhood. We've lived in this neighborhood for about 3 1/2 years now, but haven't joined our pool club until this year. Quite honestly, we didn't feel like it was worth the expense until now. Apple has been taking swimming lessons for almost a year now and we got a big bonus this year from work, so we decided to join. (Actually, I decided to join... hubby didn't have much of a choice.) :) Let me tell ya, this was the best money we've spent in a really long time. We have been trying to go to the pool about 2 - 3 times a week now since we joined. This is the pool that Apple likes the best because it has the lazy river.
But, her most favorite thing is the big water slide (far right). At first, I was a little nervous about her going down it. The rule is that parents can't catch the kids at the bottom and the kids must go down by themselves. (no riding on laps) But, Apple was DETERMINED she was going to do it. At first, hubby would go down the slide first and then Apple would go down after him. He would be at the bottom to pull her to the edge when she popped up. But, now, she's mastered swimming to the edge all by herself.
She swims better than I did when I was in middle school. It's amazing. (that doesn't say too much, I'm a horrible swimmer)
Last night, we went to the pool around 5:30 and stayed til 7:30. It was great because the crowd was very light. We got to go in the big pool (far left of pic) and Apple practiced her strokes over and over again and jumped into the 5 ft water from the edge of the pool. (with us close by, obviously) She's doing great in the pool. I'm so glad we joined.
Alice - if you're reading this and would like to bring R sometime, let me know!! There's a great kiddie pool with kiddie slides (red - middle of pic) he might like!!
2 comments:
I'm so jealous! Our city doesn't even have a pool that nice!
Glad you guys are having fun with it!
Yes, we would love to come sometime to your pool! I like going when the crowds are light too... I will invite myself soon once the string of bday parties and stuff gets over!!!!!
Love the baby bedding set? Who makes it and what is it called?
Post a Comment