Monday, April 25, 2011

It's been a long time...

So, my sister and her new love are making me feel really guilty for not blogging.  :)  You see, the last time I blogged, E was 4 months old.  Now?  He's 18 months...  and my how things have changed!!

I think I will give this blogging thing another try.  I know it would be great for A and J to be able to see more into our daily lives.  Hopefully, I will be able to blog from my phone now, which may ease the process some.  We shall see.

Yesterday was Easter and it was a day full of traveling.   E was up before 6:00am.  I'm not sure why, but it was WAY earlier than I wanted to be up.  It was my morning to do 'morning duty', so we headed downstairs for breakfast bright and early.  (actually, it wasn't so bright because I'm not sure the sun was all the way up yet)  Regardless, E had his usual oatmeal and yogurt.  In the meantime, I had prepared a french toast casserole that was waiting in the fridge for me to put the topping on and stick it in the oven.  It baked for an hour and smelled heavenly by the time it was done.

The Easter Bunny brought the children toys that they could use on the drive to Disney this Saturday. 

H's basket contained:
  • ThinkFun Rush Hour
  • Travel Scavenger Hunt
  • Family Talk Cards - She got the grandparent talk set for Christmas and it was a hit last week at Nanny's house.
  • A book with pages that she scratches off to make designs. 
  • A dry-erase travel book with many pages of puzzles and games
  • Tons of chocolate!
  • An easter egg hunt that took her throughout the house looking for a 'golden egg' with a special surprise in it  ($5)
 E's basket contaned:
After everyone was up, easter eggs hunted, showers taken, and dishes cleaned, we all piled in the van for the trip to the hubby's family Easter meal.  It wasn't starting until 1:00, but we had to be there earlier so they kids could eat and I could put E down for a nap.  We arrived at D's parents house around 11:30.  Unfortunately, E fell asleep in the van about 11:00 which royally messed EVERYTHING up! :)

The kids and I ate lunch as soon as we got there.  Of course, E didn't want to take a nap at his usual 1:00 time.  So, after about 20 minutes of fighting with him to take a nap, I gave up and let him play with everyone else.  Once the rest of the family arrived, they all ate lunch and E ate about a pint of strawberries.  (Literally!  The kid LOVES them.)  All the grandchildren (10 in total) went on a wild Easter egg hunt outside.  Then, we all sat around and chatted while the kids played kick ball in the yard.  Let me rephrase, most everyone sat around chatting...  I was running around after a crazy boy who is completely fearless.

Around 4:00, I was able to convince E to go to sleep. He was refusing, but once I was able to get him to stay still for a few minutes, he relaxed and drifted on off to sleep.  He got up around 5:30 and off we went to McDonald's for dinner.  (Dinner of champions!)  E was super cranky on the way there b/c he slept through his normal dinner time.  He ate a hamburger, small fries, and cup of mandarin oranges.  H was starving too considering she'd been outside playing with the boys all day.  (She's the only girl on that side of the family... poor thing.)  She, too, at an entire happy meal plus a hot fudge sundae!

We made it home around 8:00, again, later than I had planned.  I popped E in the tub for a quick bath and to bed.  H took a shower and quickly went to bed too.  Finally, D and I could kick back for about an hour.  It was a fun day, but not relaxing at all.  :)

Now, if I could have only slept last night...

1 comment:

AmySF said...

Yay!! Welcome back!! :-D

Sounds like the kids had a Christmas morning! Wow! I'm sure they will have a lot of fun on the ride to Disney with the Easter Bunny toys.

It is so interesting to have a real peek into your day... but many more of these and I may never be ready for kids ;-) (Kidding... it sounds amazing honestly).

Can I have the recipe for the french toast casserole?? That sounds so yummy but I've never been able to find a good one!!