I can't believe I haven't posted to my blog since July!! Wow!!
I used to post a quick blog message every morning when I got to work. However, early in the summer, my work load got so huge that I didn't have a spare moment to blog. (Sad, I know) I was working nights, weekends and even on some vacation days... all while pregnant too!! Just recently - like in the past two weeks - have things calmed down for me at work. The huge project I was working on is wrapping up and is now in testing and life at work is becoming much more manageable.
Let's back up a bit and get caught up...
The last time I posted, I talked about our attic. Well, it's finished and it looks beautiful!! We have a brand new bedroom with built in bookcases and a full bath. My mother was our first guest and she really enjoyed her - almost, week long - stay.
That being said, I am still pregnant. I'm 39 weeks today. The pregnancy has gone extremely well, for the most part. Here in the later weeks, I've been having a whole lot of hip pain. Therefore, the doctors have agreed to induce me on Monday morning. So, as of Monday, I will hopefully be a mother to two wonderful children.
Did I mention that the baby is a boy? I probably did, but it's been so long since I posted, I can't remember. We are going to name him Everett. This is probably the last time you'll see his name on this site. From here on, we'll be referring to him as 'Ev' on this blog.
Apple is in first grade now and is absolutely loving school. She amazes me every day at what she is learning. A few weeks ago, she came home from school and said, "Mom, I had a lesson on improper fractions today." WHAT? I think I was in fourth grade before I learned what a fraction was. She loves for me to come into her classroom once a week so she can show me a lesson or two from the week.
So, I'm going to try to get better about posting. I won't promise that it will happen on a daily basis... because, it probably won't! But, I do want to keep up the blog with interesting tidbits from our days. Life is about to change for us in a massive way. It will be great to be able to blog about it.
2 comments:
WOW! You have been busy! I'm so glad this has been a good pregnancy and that work is slowing down. You are very right that life is about to change in a major way... I remember feeling so excited about Baby #2 and seeing how she would be alike or different from #1, but also a little sad knowing that #1's time as an "only" was ending. I know A will be a GREAT big sister and helper for you! Enjoy it!!! Good luck Monday!!
I was wondering how you were doing with baby #2!! I am at 33 wks but feeling like I'm 39 :) Good luck on Monday!
Post a Comment